The Superior Electoral Court (TSE) signed on Tuesday (Aug. 2) the third cooperation agreement that allows the sending of international missions to monitor the Brazilian electoral process. The new agreement was signed with the Inter-American Union of Electoral Organizations (Uniore).
Under the agreement, representatives of the entity must observe the impartiality and independence of the voting process during the October elections.
Continua após a publicidade
According to the Court´s Head Minister Edson Fachin, the purpose of the agreement is to improve the Brazilian electoral system and democracy.
“The court, faithful to its mission of preparing, organizing, and holding clean and safe elections, opens its doors to international observation and analysis, with full transparency so that observations and recommendations are made that collaborate for our continuous and incessant effort to modernize and deepen institutional integrity,” he said.
Besides Uniore, representatives of the Mercosur Parliament (Parlasur) and the Organization of American States (OAS) have also been authorized by the Brazilian Superior Electoral Court to carry out observation missions. The participation of eight missions from national entities is planned, as well.
International missions from other entities have also been invited to act as observers of the elections, including the Electoral Network of the Community of Portuguese-Speaking Countries (CPLP), the World Network for Electoral Justice, and the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (Ifes).
Other elections in Brazil have already had international observers such as OAS missions, for example, in 2018, and 2020.
- Brazil is one of the leaders in the digitalization of public service
- São Paulo: Mandatory use of mask in public transportation
- Energisa participa do Feirão Limpa Nome no Tudo Aqui
- Audiência Pública debate operação contra garimpeiros do Rio Madeira
- Obras em ponte devem iniciar em dezembro e presidente Alex Redano reforça apoio
- Mega-Sena deste sábado paga prêmio de R$ 57 milhões
- Copa do Catar: Neymar e Danilo estão fora do jogo contra a Suíça
- Neymar realiza exames em hospital para avaliar lesão
- Perdeu a Black Friday? Alexa, air fryer e robô aspirador estão com desconto
- A paquistanesa que luta contra o monopólio da tecnologia nos países ricos
- Afinal, substância química dedura ou não quem faz xixi na piscina?
- Nave Orion da Nasa entra em órbita lunar
- EUA proíbem vendas de equipamentos Huawei e ZTE alegando risco à segurança nacional
- Vendas do Dia de Ação de Graças superam inflação e atingem recorde de US$5,3 bi
- Dona do “Google da Rússia” vai buscar venda da empresa