President Lula announces bill to equalize salaries of men and women
On International Women’s Day, celebrated this Wednesday (Mar. 8), President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva will officially send a bill to promote equal pay for men and women who perform the same function. The text foresees measures for companies to make salary policy more transparent and to expand inspection and combat against wage discrimination.
International Women’s Day celebrations will be marked by the announcement of a series of actions of the Brazilian government that directly promote women’s rights.
Another text under analysis by the House of Representatives is Bill No. 111/23, authored by Representative Sâmia Bomfim this year, which makes it mandatory to equalize salaries between men and women who perform identical functions or hold identical positions.
A survey carried out in 2019 by the government´s statistic agency IBGE showed that women earn less than men in all occupations analyzed. Even with a drop in wage inequality between 2012 and 2018, female workers earn, on average, 20.5 percent less than men in Brazil.
- Seosp avança na construção do espaço da Bovinocultura para a 10ª Rondônia Rural Show Internacional
- Junta Comercial de Rondônia possibilitou a abertura de mais de 25 mil empresas, em 2022
- Estudantes de Rondônia podem se inscrever até 5 de maio no Projeto Jovem Senador 2023
- Tecnologia para tratamento de efluentes vai fortalecer agroindústrias de Rondônia
- Idep abre inscrições para cursos na área de panificação e confeitaria em Porto Velho