August’s Monthly Report on the Production of Petroleum and Natural Gas, published Wednesday (Sep. 29) by Brazil’s National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas, and Biofuels (ANP), reveals that the national production reached 3.956 million barrels of oil equivalent a day—2.997 million of barrels of which oil, 137 million of cubic meters natural gas.
The result shows a 1.6 percent decline in the production of oil from the previous months and a 2,9 percent reduction compared to August 2020. For natural gas, a 1.9 percent decrease was reported from the month prior, and an increase of 2.3 percent compared to August last year.
A significant portion of August’s output was extracted from pre-salt layers. They reached 2.764 barrels a day—2.193 million barrels of oil, 90.8 million cubic meters of natural gas daily. Against July this year, there was a 1.5 percent shrinkage. Furthermore, a decrease of 0.4 percent was reported for the same month in 2020. Pre-salt production stemmed from 131 wells and accounted for 71.7 percent of the total produced in Brazil.
ANP also stated that, in August, maritime fields produced 97.2 percent of oil and 81.9 percent of natural gas. The fields operated by Petrobras were responsible for 92.5 percent of the oil and natural gas produced in the country.
The Tupi field, located in the pre-salt Santos basin, was Brazil’s top producer of oil and natural gas, with 922 million barrels of oil a day and 41.9 million cubic meters of natural gas. Tupi also set a new record with the number of maritime wells active in production—63.
Another highlight in August was the Estreito field, in the Potiguar basin, in Rio Grande do Norte state, which showed the highest number of producing wells on land—992.
- Série D: ABC conquista última vaga das semifinais
- Jogos Universitários chegam ao final em Brasília
- Série D: Atlético-CE vence Ferroviária nos pênaltis e alcança semis
- Ásia tem dificuldade para se livrar de dependência do carvão
- Clima, um dilema para a África do Sul dependente do carvão
- Bezos é igual Gagarin? Qualquer viajante espacial é chamado de astronauta?
- Masterchef errou: cozinhar feijoada com laranja não funciona para a ciência
- Onda de cancelamento e alta no preço: o que será dos apps de transporte
- Caixa de som: como escolher a ideal para você; veja modelos de até R$ 770
- ‘Plano de Guerra’: como Anatel pretende combater venda de celulares ilegais
- Apple lançará novos produtos hoje; saiba como assistir
- Ganhadores de prêmio ambiental do príncipe William são anunciados em Londres
- Centenas de pessoas nuas e pintadas de branco posam para fotógrafo no Mar Morto
- Após 49 anos, planta misteriosa da Amazônia é identificada por exame de DNA
- Antes da COP26, o príncipe William entrega seus prêmios ambientais Earthshot