Alex Sandro has joined Neymar and Danilo in the seleção’s medical department. Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar said Tuesday (Nov. 29) the left-back suffered an injury in the hip muscle during the 1–0 win over Switzerland in the World Cup in Qatar.
“Regarding yesterday’s [Monday] match, Alex Sandro felt pain in his left hip and was not able to continue in the match. In the morning today [Tuesday], he was re-evaluated, we asked for an MRI. It showed injury in the left hip muscle. The athlete will not be able to play in the next match against Cameroon. He continues to receive treatment so that we can get him back as soon as possible,” said the doctor in a video released by the Brazilian Football Confederation.
- Even with Brazil´s victory, team felt Neymar`s absence, Tite says.
- Casemiro shares credit for victory with Brazil´s team.
- Brazil beats Switzerland and qualifies for round of 16 in Qatar.
In the message, Lasmar also gave an update on the situation of striker Neymar and full-back Danilo, who did not play for Brazil in the match against Switzerland: “Danilo and Neymar continue recovering from their ankle injuries, each with a different approach, as they are different injuries. This is important to note. Neymar had fever, which is already under control. This does not interfere in the recovery of his ankle. And today, in our daily meeting with the coaching staff, we said these three athletes will not be available for our next game against Cameroon.”
Brazil and Cameroon measure forces in the third round of Group G, starting at 4 pm Brasília time next Friday (Dec. 2).
- Report registers increase in cases of religious intolerance in Brazil
- Carnival sales in Brazil likely to reach BRL 8.1 bi
- Palmeiras vence Flamengo em grande jogo e leva Supercopa do Brasil
- Aline Rocha conquista 3ª medalha no Mundial de Esqui Paralímpico
- Dinheiro pelo ralo: saneamento básico a todos produziria bilhões ao Brasil
- Recurso do WhatsApp bloqueia prints de fotos e vídeos; veja como usar
- Cofundador do Twitter: Musk não parece ser a pessoa certa para gerir a rede
- Twitter terá punições menos severas: quem violar política aparecerá menos
- Renomada uiversidade francesa proíbe uso de ChatGPT por alunos
- Realidade virtual traz história do Holocausto para novas gerações
- 99 desafia prefeitos e lança mototáxi em SP e Rio
- Mega-Sena: confira resultado do concurso 2.559; prêmio é de R$ 73 milhões
- Atos Antidemocráticos: PGR não irá barrar posse de deputados bolsonaristas
- Palmeiras vira sobre o Flamengo em grande jogo e é campeão da Supercopa
- Morte de jovem negro por policiais gera onda de protestos nos EUA