President Jair Bolsonaro said on Thursday (Apr. 12), during a live streaming on social media, the Armed Forces will not interfere in the elections. The statement was in response to the head of the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) Edson Fachin, who had criticized attempts to discredit the Brazilian electoral system.
The President said he does not know based on what Fachin thinks the Armed Forces want to interfere in the Electoral Justice. “There is no interference, nobody wants to impose anything, nobody wants to attack the polls, attack Democracy, none of that. There are no acts Against democracy. For God’s sake! The transparency in the elections…is a matter of national security,” Bolsonaro added.
Hours earlier, during a visit to the TSE room where security tests are being carried out on electronic voting machines, Minister Edson Fachin criticized the attempts to raise suspicion about electronic voting machines.
“It’s the unarmed forces that deal with the elections and, therefore, they concern the civilian population, which freely and consciously chooses their representatives. So, dialogue, yes, collaboration, yes, but the final word belongs to the Electoral Justice,” Fachin said.
Since last year, the Armed Forces are part of the Electoral Transparency Commission (CTE), created by TSE itself, which involves different bodies. Its purpose is to give even more transparency to the electoral process. Military members have made a series of suggestions to the Court about the electoral process, some of which were accepted and others were not incorporated by the court.
“On October 2, Brazil will have clean, safe, peaceful and secure elections. No one and nothing will interfere with the Electoral Justice. We do not admit any circumstance that prevents Brazilians from expressing themselves,” Fachin stated.
- Parque Jardim das Mangueiras recebe novas melhorias
- Prefeitura entrega moto para associação de produtores de leite da LC – 60
- UNIR confirma publicação do edital do Processo Seletivo 2022 na próxima semana
- Seleção masculina bate Alemanha de virada na Liga das Nações de vôlei
- MacBook Air x Galaxy Book Pro: qual notebook leve e poderoso é o melhor?
- PI, DF, SP e GO possuem a melhor internet fixa do país, segundo pesquisa
- Museu com peças de outros países preserva a história… ou a sequestra?
- Unidade da Boeing vai montar cargueiro espacial “nave-mãe” da Virgin Galactic
- Britânica Revolut avança em estratégia para se tornar super app financeiro global
- Apple lançará novo “Lockdown Mode” em luta contra empresas de spyware
- Western Union e Mercado Livre fazem parceria em transferências de recursos para o México
- Corretora de criptomoedas FTX ainda tem “alguns bilhões” para socorrer setor, diz presidente
- Ibama multa Meta em US$ 10 mi por não coibir venda ilegal de animais
- De ‘velocidade surreal’ a ‘não tem sinal’: as reações do 5G em Brasília
- Grupo GCB recebe aporte de US$13 mi da belga Credix