Brazil’s new income transfer program, Brazil Aid (Auxílio Brasil), is to close out 2021 with a minimum floor of BRL 400 and some 17 million families reached, meeting the government’s goals and expectations, said the country’s Citizenship Minister João Roma.
In an interview on A Voz do Brasil, on air tonight (Dec. 22), the minister talked about the impact of the program as well as the measures to bolster employment introduced by the government since the pandemic started. The economic security tools vouchsafed by the state, the minister pointed out, bring quality of life and social inclusion to those most severely hit by the economic crisis caused by the suspension of trade activities.
“We know that the pandemic is easing off, but the economic and social ripples still linger in our society, especially among the poorest”, the minister said.
The new Brazil Aid, which has superseded the Family Allowance (Bolsa Família), has been paid since December 10 at a minimum floor of BRL 400 per family. João Roma also mentioned other social inclusion initiatives, like family agriculture program Alimenta Brasil.
Such social programs, the minister went on to point out, are crucial to bringing quality education to young people and children. Roma praised the participation of youths from beneficiary families in knowledge Olympiads and students’ games, as well as young scientist programs and events aimed at boosting educational development.
“The big difference is that we integrate these social programs, vital as they are to transforming these families, so that [beneficiaries] can take up a more active role in society and enjoy better living conditions,” Roma said.
A Voz do Brasil
The participation of the head of Brazil’s Ministry of Citizenship marks the beginning of a series of interviews with ministers on radio broadcast A Voz do Brasil, ending on the December 31. Transmission will follow the regular schedule on December 24 and 31.
A Voz do Brasil is aired on all radio stations across Brazil from 7 to 10 pm, Brasília time. Broadcasts are also available on social media and on TV Brasil Gov’s YouTube channel.
- Entenda o importante papel dos assistentes sociais na manutenção dos direitos da população
- Surdolimpíadas: handebol feminino conquista bronze e faz história
- Surdolimpíada chega ao 14º dia com chance de medalhas para o Brasil
- Óculos tradutores da Google mostram potencial de uso da realidade aumentada
- IA já faz educação ser mais ‘inteligente’, mas ainda precisa ser inclusiva
- Não precisa despachar? Novo scanner irá permitir levar líquidos em aviões
- Após foto de buraco negro, astrônomos testarão limite de teoria de Einstein
- As previsões de Einstein confirmadas e as que continuamos a explorar
- Eclipse lunar deste domingo será visível em todo o Brasil. Vamos observar?
- Sem humanos: China usa robôs e impressão 3D para construir barragem
- Nasa publica vídeo dos buracos negros mais conhecidos; veja
- É segura mesmo? Entenda como funciona a pasta secreta do Android e iOS
- Qual horário do jogo do Cruzeiro hoje, domingo, 15; onde assistir ao vivo
- Qual horário do jogo do São Paulo hoje, domingo, 15; onde assistir ao vivo
- Jogos de futebol hoje, domingo, 15; onde assistir ao vivo e horários