Google Brasil launched program Grow with Google for Black Women (“Cresça com o Google para Mulheres Pretas” in the original Portuguese), aimed at discussing topics linked to the professional and personal development of black women in Brazil. Contents are free to access.
“Grow with Google for Black Women comes along other editions we held under Grow with Google in 2021. Since March, we’ve held editions directed at women interested in becoming entrepreneurs, developing their careers, returning to the labor market, or starting to work in the tech market,” said Google Brasil Marketing Director Susana Ayarza.
The program, the director said, is a global initiative offering free training and tools for people on the lookout for job opportunities and chances to develop their careers or run their own business.
Among the topics discussed in this edition is the impostor syndrome, as part of the presentation put together by Ana Minuto, who developed coaching techniques to address the specific needs of black entrepreneurs and black people in general. The content shows ways to identify self-sabotage, with tips on how to be stronger when faced with professional challenges.
Black women’s self-esteem is the theme brought by Caroline Moreira, director and creator of startup Negras Plurais, and project manager for Canais Pretos, of Brazil’s Labor Prosecution Service, the International Labor Organization, and the United Nations.
Karen Santos, executive director and founder of UX para Minas Pretas, is to discuss women’s role in technology. She underscores three challenges of a career predominantly formed by men and white people.
Other presentations available in the program shows ways to improve how you present yourself, develop creativity, build content and relevance in your career, and discuss the organization and administration of the roles taken up by black women in everyday work spaces.
- CoronaVac now included in campaign for children in Brazil
- Pelé discharged after hospitalization due to colon tumor treatment
- Por melhor Paulinho, Sylvinho descarta atleta como primeiro volante
- CBF exigirá vacinação completa de atletas para competições nacionais
- Tem um hacker acessando seu computador e isso é muito bom
- Gosto da cerveja: o que é lenda e ciência sobre o que faz a bebida ser boa
- Por que a Lua fica laranja de vez em quando? Ela pode ficar azul ou rosa?
- Comida preparada com air fryer causa câncer? Entenda o mito
- Magniber: novo vírus usa atualização do Chrome para sequestrar PC; entenda
- Sua chave Pix vazou? Saiba o que fazer para se proteger de golpes
- Fábrica de US$20 bi da Intel nos EUA pode virar a maior do mundo
- Vem aí o iSIM: novo chip de internet libera mais espaço no celular; entenda
- Terceira dose de vacina da Pfizer protege contra ômicron, segundo estudos
- Carro da Tesla foi hackeado: entenda os riscos para os carros autônomos
- Sony busca novos parceiros para projeto de carro elétrico